A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Gosei Great Megazord Action Figure (2013)


The action figure versions of megazords that find their origins in the Retrofire line often have a measure of stylization to their name, akin to Bandai of Japan's S.I.C. line. This iteration of Gosei Great (yes, America only added the word Megazord to its Japanese name) is far more lithe overall, and Gosei Phoenix and Shark are (somehow) more animalistic. I always dug this change to its look. Phoenix even has the purple sheen of its Eastern DX version. The articulation is consistent across both sets of limbs, which is something that can't be said of the Retrofire figures proper.

The only issue I took with it is the lack of paint on the legs and the shoulders. I'll admit I'm biased towards the gold accents up top, but I feel the legs are a just complaint. At its size, though, I do think it's objectively acceptable, especially if you have a DX Gosei Great and simply want an articulated representation.

3½ Prime Candidates for Customization out of 5

No comments :