A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Spirit Deluxe Wide Blade Sword (2017)


I was pretty sure I was going to learn something from this experience that I honestly already knew: NEVER order from the website. Shop in-person. Though, to be fair, this seems like a bad idea even if you find one without a hole in the tip. The paint is ghastly. Those two giant spots look to have been simply slathered on, after the fact. The support rod isn't nearly wide enough; the outer-thirds are super pliable. Not literally as pliable as, say, the blade on the Spin Sword, but it is the equivalent amount for a blade of this size. There were small random chunks missing from hilt, as well. By far and away, the worst Spirit product I've ever touched. I guess I applaud them for their ambition, but it didn't work out.

If you're impatient, into gambling, and okay with losing out on the shipping charge, you can at least return online orders in-store.

2022 Update:I did not ever expect that they'd be willing to fix this, BUT OMG, THEY DID. They had a few, yesterday, and to my utter shock they were all fully erect. Did they put more support rods in here? Is the blade smaller?

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! The perfectly circular hole, the flimsiness...the longest support rod must have fallen out of the original one I had. ...Annnnnnd, they shipped it to me, regardless. Lovely. Make sure to look out for the paint issues, missing chunks, and giant holes, but if you can find one that's in good shape and can hold its shape, BUY BUY BUY.

I am ecstatic over this. I never dreamed I'd actually get to own a solid copy of this!

CLOUD REPRESENT.

0 QC out of 5

5 Pfizer-Fueled Fixes out of 5

No comments :